As promised yesterday, I’ll be presenting free videos to teach you everything you need to know about designing rhinestone patterns in KNK Studio. The first video shows you the technique of using Transform>Fit Object to Path function to align circles along a vector path.
The important things to remember from this video are:
- Size your image before adding the circles.
- Size your circle by looking up the maximum diameter for your rhinestone and then adding 0.1 mm to that size. Thus for an SS16 rhinestone, which has a maximum diameter of 2.9 mm, you will want to draw a 3.0 mm circle.
- Always choose Nodes and Distance in the Transform>Fit Object to Path window.
- The spacing you enter in the Transform>Fit Object to Path window should be the size of the circle PLUS the distance you want between the stones.
- Examine your image carefully to see if any circles are too overlapping or two close together. Tweak as needed.
Tomorrow, I’ll have a video on the various options for text.