For SOLO and CREATE support:
Please click here.
(1) Features of the StarCraft SOLO:
The new StarCraft SOLO offers the very best in speed, accuracy, and extensive functionality. Some of the outstanding features include:
- Faster, smoother, quieter cutting
- A built-in camera for rapid automatic photo recognition of small registration marks and significantly more available printing space for your designs
- Steel axes for more accurate control during both regular cutting and print-and-cut applications
- Optional connectivity including true USB (no special drivers to install), Wi-Fi connectivity to your home/office router, direct wireless to your computer, or loading of PLT files from a USB flash drive
- Precise origin setting using the built-in camera
- Includes StarCraft CREATE software, a feature-rich vector designing and editing program (see details below)
- Compatibility with eight other software programs which include several professional sign-making applications and plugins for both Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator
- An easy-to-navigate control panel with dozens of functions including automatic camera calibration, end-of-cut actions, color lighting options, power-on head movement, scale factor, PLT file load, array setup, force/speed settings with 10 customizable presets, test/pause/repeat options, Wi-Fi setup, 12 languages, unit options, up/down arrow reversal, display head location, and multi-pass cutting.
***Scroll to the bottom to read SOLO User Testimonials!
(2) SOLO Specifications and Comparisons:
(3) Features of the StarCraft CREATE software:
- The StarCraft CREATE program allows you to import a wide range of file types, utilize TTF/OTF/OPF fonts, as well as trace, design and edit anything you need.
- Further, what you design from scratch belongs to YOU, exclusively.
- Click here for a full list of CREATE functions.
- Note that CREATE works with dozens of different brands and models of cutters with the exception of those whose parent companies legally forbid 3rd party software from directly communicating (such as Cricut and Scan N Cut). However, because CREATE can export in SVG and other file formats, it can still be used to create cutting files for these restricted brands of cutters.
- Download the trial version of StarCraft CREATE here.
(4) Where are the SOLO and CREATE sold?
- Remember: A new StarCraft SOLO includes a registration for CREATE!
- If, however, you are purchasing a used SOLO or if you are interested in using CREATE with a different brand of cutter, it can be purchased separately for only $79.
- SOLO and CREATE dealers can be found here
(5) Support Groups for the SOLO and CREATE
(6) Testimonials from SOLO Owners
- Amanda D. – I love my Solo! It cuts much faster and quieter than my Cricut ever did.
- Karen A. – Starcraft Solo- where to begin!! I love this Machine, with its intricate cuts and it’s fast and quiet. The amount of detail I can get in a cut is amazing!
- Qiana J. – I’m still learning how to use Create but I love the Solo for its precision. The way it cuts HTV and intricate designs are amazing!
- Michele S. – I love how the software can do all the things and I don’t have to use other websites to create things! I also love the quiet and accurate cuts!
- Terri C. – Hhmm, where to start, haha! I love the quietness, to be able to cut anything without having to change the blade depth, and most of all – the ability to ask questions and get complete answers and help without being made to feel stupid!
- Corina R. – I love how quiet and quick my Solo is! The Create software was really intuitive for me coming from an Adobe design background.
- Amy R. – My favorite thing about the Solo is being able to cut LONG cuts without a mat. I was able to cut 50 inches of repetitive design and it was amazing. The software does so many things that I haven’t even scratched the surface. I also love that the other users are so helpful!
- Leesa S. – The Solo is my 3rd cutting machine. I’ll start with the obvious…she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the ability to change the light colors. So fun! The cutting is so precise and quiet. The Create software is easy to use. And mat-less cutting is AWESOME! I’m trying a long mat-less cut tonight! Can’t wait.
- Lynda A. – Solo is my fourth machine and my FAVORITE! I love that I can cut 11 in wide by 70 in long without issues and only need to prefeed a small section! Worth every penny when I cut 50 to 60 shirts at a time for my business.
- Diana F. – I have so many “favorite” things about the Solo…. from it’s lightning speed, it’s whisper quietness, it’s AMAZING accuracy for Print and Cut, right down to the pretty LED lighting…. I LOVE IT ALL. Combine that with the CREATE software, it’s AMAZING capabilities that I haven’t even scratched the surface of and the fact that it’s a very STABLE piece of software…. I feel like I won the lottery!!!!
- Joshua H. – I am unbelievably impressed with how intricate and consistent the Solo can cut. Every cut is accurate and the same every single time. And if you had told me beforehand I’d be using a cutting system that makes sharp, accurate cuts on a millimeter level, I’d have told you to shut your dirty lying mouth (and I would be apologizing to you know after seeing you were right).
- Trish B. – It is empowering because I am learning something new that is completely out of my comfort zone and I am doing it! The support from the group “pros” is absolutely above any other design program which makes me want to learn and eventually master this – they make me feel so comfortable when asking for help. The machine is lightening fast with the best options available.
- Libby R. – The Starcraft SOLO machine has opened the door to accessibility and affordability for at-home crafters that want a more advanced cutting machine known as a plotter. This machine is sleek, quick, and quiet; and best of all, it’s free of buggy software! The precise high-res camera and matless cutting capabilities make this machine a force to be reckoned with.
- Stacey J. – The main reason I purchased the solo is because of the software included and being able to print and cut a wider area.
- Pam T. – A step beyond any other machine I have had, software is awesome and service is superior.
- Tiana T. – I have two favorite things about my new Solo. I love how quiet it is while it is cutting and I love being able to cut vinyl without a mat! And don’t forget about the Create software!
- Sandra H. -What I love about the Solo is how quiet and sturdy it is. But the biggest plus is the large print and cut function. I thought the learning curve would slow me down but the tech support is top notch. I am so glad I bought the Solo.
- Pamela J. – What I Love about my Solo is how fast it cuts! I can be weeding a project and the Solo ALWAYS beats me in finishing my next project. The software is also a favorite , the possibilities are endless.
- Dani W. – I am so glad I went ahead and got my Solo. The first day I got it I was able to complete a project in one hour what I had been trying 7 days to complete. It’s speed is awesome!!! It picks up the registration marks with such ease. I am in LOVE!!
- Carmen V. – I so love the support from everyone here, quietness of the machine, the fact of the size of print and cut and all the cut sizes are great for what ever craft you do.
- Bab H. – Love the software, speed of machine, the many adjustments that allows me to save for certain projects so I don’t have to remember for the next time. Looking forward to where the Solo goes and where it will take us!
- Jj C. – I love the SOLO for so many reasons, but my biggest reason is that every project comes out perfect. From engraving to cutting, I have had little to no issue and do not waste materials, as I do with other cutters. It is an AMAZING machine!
- Nancy M. – It’s impossible to say what I love about my Solo/Create in 3 sentences. Luckily a picture is worth 1,000 words. I’m using the print and cut feature to create a 40th. birthday album for my daughter. The Solo/Create has unleashed my creative side.
- Ruthie O. – I love my solo and starcraft create software. This machine is the Porsche of cutters and it can make a complete beginner look like a pro!!!!
- Lori M. – Can I say I absolutely love my Solo! I have been designing cutter files for over 15 years, both recreationally and professionally. The Solo is the fifth cutter machine I have owned and is hands down a 100 times better than any machine out there!
- Deborah A. – I love my new Solo too. I look forward to doing so much more with it as soon as my new craft workroom is settled.
- Johnette M. – Started crafting last year with a Cricut Maker and hit the ground running and LOVED this new craft world. After a few issues with the Cricut, decided the SOLO would solve those issues. Literally, have NOT even opened my Cricut since opening my SOLO! LOVE it and won’t go back!
- Laura B. – I started crafting 4 years ago with Cricut. I switched to Solo about 3 weeks ago and am loving it even though I am computer challenged. I’m learning but loving at the same time. So far, my first attempt at everything has been perfect. I can’t wait to master the machine and software and add to it.
- Paula M. – I love my SOLO. It’s slick and quick. I cut my stickers at least 3 times faster and can do kiss cut and dye cut all in one.
- Rebeca F. – I started with a cricut about a year and a half ago. After issues with design space and feeling limited to size and finding myself piecing projects together I decided to look into the possibility of a different machine. I just stumbled upon the solo and kept going back to it and ultimately decided that it was what I was going to go for and I am sooooo glad I did. The machine and the program are amazing! I love the speed of the solo but also love that unlike my cricut explore I can change the speed and pressure and find I waste way less product with messed up cuts! Will never look back.
- Wendy U. – I started crafting Oct last year and love it. My first machine is a cameo 4 now I have the solo and love it so much. And with the group like this is so very helpful.
- Terry D. – brand new, lots to learn
- Kathy M. – I love my solo even tho I am a newbie and just learning.
- Wendy D. – I love my Solo and having two Cameo 4s I was not going to buy it. But my 143vinyl crafty family was pretty convincing so I did worried they would sell out. This machine cuts like a beauty and is so quiet. Although I have a lot more to learn, the stuff I do know I absolutely love.
- Rachael M. – I fought and fought with my Cricut to make super basic stickers – even putting a circle behind everything just to try to get them to cut right. After dialing in my Solo (with the help of a *very* knowledge lady), I can cut stickers of all shapes- including very small details – with accuracy and without wasting tons of sticker paper like I used to! I have literally cut over 1000 stickers the past few days and I never would have been able to with the Cricut!! I’ll have a second one soon, I’m sure!!
- Heidi M. – I love that the solo is quiet and fast. I can cut without a mat and the pretty lights
- DeeAnn C. – It took me a while, but I love it now! The Solo with Create software has truly sped up the process of getting orders done. I absolutely LOVE being able to cut without a mat and the support is the BEST! There’s always someone there to help you get through any situation!
- Becca D. – I have had several cricuts, the silhouette cameo 4 and pro. This is hands down the best machine I have used so far, I love the speed, and the quietness, and the fact I can cut with, or without a mat is a game changer. The support is absolutely amazing!
- JoAnn D. – I am brand new to this type of crafting, and was just about to buy the new Cricut when I saw a video of the Solo and knew I had to have it instead. The first night I set it up I made a 3 layer sticker for my son & haven’t looked back. I’m so glad I made this choice and now have the versatility to do so many new crafts!
- Elizabeth D. – I was a dedicated cricut owner (have 3 of them) but when i first saw the videos of what the solo could do i knew i had to get one. I had to wait a bit for finances to work out and once i finally did get it, a bunch of health problems kept me from setting it up and using it for almost a month. Once i got it up and running i was amazed! The ease of cutting, being able to cut matless, not having to have a bunch of different blades, the clean cuts, was amazing! I have barely even used my other machines since setting up my solo. I love it!
- Kim T. – I’ve been so busy using my SOLO I almost forgot to say what I love about it! My favorite feature is the large cutting area for regular cuts and print then cut. It’s so nice to be able to create without constraints!
Have questions? Feel free to contact me:
Facebook/Messenger: My Facebook page