The KNK Celebrations Retreat!
Friday, October 23 – Sunday, October 25
Raleigh, North Carolina
Have an AMAZING Klic-N-Kut weekend experience! This retreat is all about using Klic-N-Kut Studio with your die cutter to create virtually anything you need for celebrating holidays and special events in your life. Six classes and three demos will cover a range of designing techniques and cutting materials to create gifts, decorations, and other entertaining goodies…. But also note that the information you learn will apply to most any hobby using your cutters. Details below!
The event will be held in the new Holiday Inn-Raleigh-Durham airport with a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We have a 1700 square foot room with outlet access in the floor as well as in the walls. While we encourage you to bring a laptop and your cutter, it is certainly not a requirement for attendance as we will have extras available and we can arrange for sharing amongst everyone.
The cost of the event is $375 plus your hotel room. If you live locally you are not required to stay at the hotel. Our room rate for Friday and Saturday nights is $79 per night. The rate for Thursday night is $109. The $375 includes 5 meals, snacks, free goodies, all classes and demos, and cutting materials. We plan to begin at 3 pm on Friday with an Open House and KNK demonstration, however we have the room beginning first thing on Friday morning through Sunday night for anyone wanting to use it for cropping. Only the first 20 participants will be accepted and we will have a waiting list in case of cancellations. To reserve a spot, please Paypal $100 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, please contact Barbie at this email address for further information. Final payment will be due by September 30.
Every room at the hotel has free high speed Internet, a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and 27” flat screen TV. To make your hotel reservations, contact Shannon Seibert at the Holiday Inn. Her phone number is 919-655-1150 or 919-465-1910 or FAX @ 919-465-1908.
(1) Welding Wizardry: The welding tools in KNK Studio offer so much more than just creating merged titles. Learn how ALL three tools can be used to personalize your projects and create unique designs.
(2) Meta-What?: One of the hidden treasures in KNK Studio is the Metamorphosis tool. In this class, I’ll teach how to effectively use this simple function in a number of different ways to create patterns both for cutting and for printing.
(3) Pop-ups and Fold-ups: In this class, we’ll explore different ways to create pop-up designs and other folded projects to use for greeting cards, place-cards, gift boxes, and bags.
(4) Text-ra Special II: Similar to the Text-ra Special class taught in St. Louis, more amazing text tricks will be presented with a special emphasis on our Celebrations theme!
(5) Etching to Have Fun?: Learn the ins and outs of etching, from creating your designs in KNK Studio, to cutting the vinyl and applying the cream. This is an inexpensive way to create dazzling gifts for friends and family.
(6) Tracing Secrets and Stick Figure Designs: Learn simpler ways to trace images and design holiday-themed graphics for cutting.
(1) Rhinestone Applications: See the process from start to finish as a template is cut and filled with rhinestones to transfer and iron onto fabric
(2) T-Shirt Transfers: A design will be cut from T-Shirt transfer vinyl and then weeded and ironed onto a shirt.
(3) Masking Stencils: Stencils will be cut from acetate and used for decorating various materials.
Please post if you have questions OR email us at the following:
For questions about hotel, making payments, special needs, please contact Barbie Creech at:
For questions about the content of the classes and demos, please contact Sandy McCauley at:
Hope to see you in Raleigh!!!