It’s official! Team KNK is bringing you a new Klic-N-Kut Retreat over the weekend of August 9 – 11 and will be held in Chandler, Arizona. It will provide you with a variety of learning activities led by 4 members of our Team KNK Design Team (including me) and a special guest instructor. We will share techniques, knowledge, and experience to Light your Fire with your KNK!
We are planning an action-packed weekend for those who wish to:
- Master their Klic-N-Kut
- Explore KNK Studio
- Learn more about Make-the-Cut
- Try new applications
- Try new materials
- Make complete projects you can take home
- Have fun… and more…
The cost of the retreat is $395. For this price, you will receive 2 excellent meals, refreshments throughout the weekend, 6-7 classes, 3-4 demonstrations and Make-n-Takes, lots of time for one-on-one assistance, class notes and files, dozens of free videos to take home, free goodies, cutting materials and prizes! We will be requesting topics and will also be featuring your favorite projects from Team KNK (www.TeamKNK.com).
The room will open at 2:00 pm on Friday with the Meet and Greet starting at 3:00 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:00 pm, followed by classes, demos, and an evening workshop. Saturday will be packed with classes, demos, challenges, games, a buffet lunch and an open workshop in the evening. For dinner, we encourage you to stretch your legs and visit one of the local eateries, and while you’re out and about you have the opportunity to stop in at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby to do some shopping. On Sunday, we’ll have one more class followed by some final Q&A, farewells, and then parting gifts/prizes. Participation in all classes and demos is optional so you can head out at any time to enjoy the local attractions. We encourage you to bring your laptop and/or cutter, but it’s not a requirement to join us as we will have extras available and will seat everyone for sharing, as needed.
Your hotel room and travel expenses are separate. We bring you a wonderful deal with Windmill Inns & Suites of $89.00 per night plus tax, single or double occupancy (kids stay free). A hot breakfast at the hotel for up to two people is included in the $89.00 room rate. If you live locally, you are not required to stay at the hotel. If you would like to be paired with a roommate, please note it in the application you receive after notifying us of your intent to participate. You must mention Klic-N-Kut when you call the Windmill Inns & Suites directly at (800) 547-4747.
Windmill Inns & Suites
3535 West Chandler Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226
The deadline for room reservations is August 2.
If you would like to have your spouse join us for either of the meals, please include the request in your application. We will give you pricing after we have a final count (approx $20/lunch and $35/dinner) This weekend retreat is available for up to 25 attendees and we’ll have a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Reserve your spot today by:
1. Emailing email@example.com. to let us know you wish to attend. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes emails get lost! After receiving the email, I will send you a short application form to complete.
2. Sending $145 deposit by check, money order, or PayPal to Michele, our event organizer. You will receive Michele’s address privately after submitting your application.
The deadline for making a deposit is May 29, 2013. The balance of $250 will be due by June 26, 2013. If you prefer to make three payments, arrangements can be made.
Bringing a spouse or family? Several restaurants and a shopping mall are within walking distance. There are thousands of options for you and your families to enjoy the local area – for example, here are the home game listings for the Arizona Diamondbacks:
- Tuesday, August 6 vs. Rays (6:40 p.m.) Sunday, August 11 vs. Mets (1:10 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 7 vs. Rays (6:40 p.m.) Monday, August 12 vs. Orioles (6:40 p.m.)
- Friday, August 9 vs. Mets (6:40 p.m.) Tuesday, August 13 vs. Orioles (6:40 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 10 vs. Mets (5:10 p.m.) Wednesday, August 14 vs. Orioles (12:40 p.m.)
Buy your tickets ahead of time!
Looking for other ideas? Try these websites: